07 June 2007

bargain hunting at ikea

We went to IKEA last night, to return the blue/brown/cream curtains. Yeah, I lost the vote, but we settled on some beige ones--ha ha--and I got some green ones for the dining room as well, and got all of those for the same cost as the blue/brown ones. So while I'm waiting in the return line, B calls and says he found one of the SAME curtains in the "As Is" section of the store for $5! By the time I get the return done ($129 back on my check card, thank you very much), he's also found a chandelier for $10! It was this one...interestingly enough called "Gospel":
It's really nothing like the one we love at Home Depot...


but it'll do for now. Turns out it's missing half it's little squiggly metal things, so it is really very simple. Guess that's why it was only $10, marked down from $60.

We also picked up a folding outdoor table made of acacia (?) for $20 because someone had put it together incorrectly and then apparently dropped it, chipping one corner. Oh, and turns out linens were on sale, so I got the single curtain for TWO BUCKS, and now I can make pillows for the bedroom. Woo hoo, compromise!

1 comment:

Wry Epicures said...

Funny, "Ikea" is the Swedish word for "place that you cannot escape without spending more money than you had planned". Crap, I had an Ikea coupon too....you could have used it whence buying your bork-bork-bork.