18 November 2008

baby update

Big news--we're having twins! So although I renewed 1928 Bungalow's domain name for two more years, I'm expecting posts to be a little sporadic next year ;)

We won't know until January sometime if it's boys, girls, or one of each. We do plan to find out, though--just finding out it was twins was enough of a surprise for us!
We brought home two cribs this weekend. A friend has graciously offered to let us borrow them. One needs a little bit of repair (the mattress support has a broken slat under it) but I'm hoping that Brandon and my dad can make it secure (and maybe more secure than it was originally). If not, we'll have to keep looking. I'm not big on used cribs because I'm a safety nut, but there's the reality of twins and all the costs involved, so I'm trusting the menfolk on this one. Our friend also had a double stroller, so buying that used will save us a good bit as well.
I've started a baby blog, too, but don't want to post the link here. If you're interested, send me an email and I'll send you the link!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's incredible - congrats!

And to make this a house-related comments, good on ya for staying in your house. I can't tell you how annoyed I get when HGTV introduces *another* House Hunt with something like, "Well, Martin and I have this four-bedroom house, but with the dog and now twins on the way, we just need more space!"

Not as annoyed as I was by the packrat who moved out of her three bedroom house (where she was living by herself) because she didn't want to have to store half her things at her parents' anymore. Maybe I'm talking crazytalk, but that sounds like a good opportunity to RE-EVALUATE HOW MUCH STUFF YOU HAVE!

nolan and brandon said...

And those folks are always moving out of a 2500+ square foot house to begin with! My parents raised five kids in a three bedroom house with one bathroom (tub only, no shower!). They still live in the same house, and still don't have central heat or air. They finally added a half bath and a shower, though ;) I think we can survive for a few more years with our house the way it is.

We do have a ton of stuff stored in the basement, though. And when I say we, I mean my husband ;)

Anonymous said...

oO...double trouble!! Hehe. Congratulations! :)

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the twins!

We always contemplate whether we'll have to move when we have kids... 800 sf seems a little small since I have a music studio carved out of part of it! We'll probably stay at least the first year, though, even though there isn't a place for a nursery.

Bungalow in the Hollow said...

Oh, my goodness! Double congrats! Have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Do twins run in your family?

Paul B said...

Great News! They look nothing like the Mailman!

Sandy said...

Happy New Year, Nolan & Brandon!!