16 May 2010

now we know where all the bricks came from...

Brandon asked our next door neighbor if he had any old photos of our house.  Tonight we got a text message from him saying that there was an old photo on the property tax database for the county.  I swear I've looked at the database before but have never seen a photo.  We checked, and sure enough:


So, it looks like the PO did some good things, like maybe losing the chain link fence (although that could come in handy now!) but--is that a carport?!  I can live without the screened in porch (although that would also come in handy now), but I would really love the carport back.  But now we know where all the bricks (cemented into the ground under the back porch) came from.  It also looks like there was a tree in the front yard, which would explain the small sinkhole we now have.  Sigh.

Random side note for the day:  Brandon found a snake ON THE PORCH.  In a planter.  Ew!

2 comments:

Coach Awesome said...

I already knew where the bricks came from. I had found the remnants of the columns under dirt at the edge of the driveway last fall. I surmised that we had a carport with brick columns, but now we have proof!

handy man said...

I love your blog! I wish I could find some old photos of the 1929 bungalow my wife and I bought last year. I've one the town has, but its not very good. I'll have to ask the neighbor if he has any.