13 February 2013

old is new again

Yesterday I was drooling over the FLOR catalog, when I realized we had carpet tiles in the attic (which I knew, since I helped store them up there) but we'd never put them together like a rug before.  We made a rug in the girls' room once (they have green and ivory Pooh Bear tiles), although now their room is so small it goes wall to wall!

In the dining room, though, I was tired of trying to sweep around the Persian type rug we had and tired of trying not to catch the fringe in the vacuum. And the cat had decided it was a perfect scratching spot, and the fringe overlapped the walkway from the side door and was getting pretty dirty.  Plus, it didn't fit quite right under the table and at dinner, your chair was always wobbling half on and half off the rug. So...Brandon went up to the attic and got the carpet tiles down (he actually threw them down...but whatever.  They're heavy!)  And...voilĂ ! 



Love it!  I never thought this was the prettiest carpet in the world when it was our bedroom floor (wall to wall on a concrete floor), but it looks great as a faux sisal rug!  We've had these for years and they've been through at least one flooding incident (maybe two) and cleaned up great each time (pressure washed, etc).  When a tile gets dirty or damaged, just pull it out and clean it or replace it, without having to remove the whole rug. 

And now I feel like I've been shopping and can recycle my FLOR catalog without any more wishful thinking.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

How awesome is that?! Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. I thought about those tiles in our bedroom, but the house is built on a slab and the floors sweat in the summer (no air conditioning - but it's all good); and I am always on mildew banishing duty and was afraid I would end up with a bunch of expensive moldy tiles.