10 January 2008

nice email from a previous resident

We got a really nice email recently from Marsha, who used to live in the neighborhood (and who teaches AND used to work in a library!). I haven't had a chance to email her back, but below is an excerpt from her email. Marsha, I will reply soon! Thanks for writing!

...I have been keeping up with your blog because my husband, children and I lived on Dauphine St. from 75-80. I can't remember the address, but it was 3rd from the corner and was the original farmhouse before the neighborhood was built. It was a casualty of Marta. It had a lot of quirks! Our next door neighborwas Mrs. G-- and she had lived there all her life. She died right before we moved at 90 something with no children (she had outlived 3 husbands--the first one made furniture and we still have a kitchen table and chairs we bought from her). She worked at the Methodist Church on Main St. as a secretary for years and years. I thought that might be a good source for tracking down pictures and info on people who lived there. I know all the churches had directories. ... Good luck with the renovating. I really enjoy reading your blog--I found it from the Westview Bungalow site--I grew up there.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! How cool is that! I would love to hear about how my neighborhood has changed over the years.

VirtualM said...

Hello! I live on Elizabeth Ln. and also found your blog through Westview Bungalow's blog (we just bought our second house in West End and are renovating it at the moment.) I remember walking past your house when it was vacant and peeking in the windows - we have this habit of giving every home for sale in the neighborhood a once-over. I walk my dog and kid down Newnan street a lot and you've certainly made the outside look lovely!

Nolan said...

Aha! I know you! Or at least, I do recall seeing you walk by with the stroller and the pug a few times. Haven't seen you in a while, though.

Thanks for the compliments! We do the same thing--peek in windows when a house goes on the market.

Feel free to stop and chat and check out the house sometime. But, uh, not this week, cause it's a wreck right now. :-D