08 January 2008

random blog thoughts late at night

so i was reading the blog of my favorite rockstar today, and it hit me how it's probably a little weird to some people that we have an entire blog devoted to our house. i mean, a baby is one thing, because you've got friends and grandparents and everyone who wants to keep up with the latest news, but a house? i mean, it is our baby right now ;) and it does change fairly often, although it has yet to get any bigger, unfortunately.

before we bought the house, i discovered houseblogs.net and fell in love with the idea of a houseblog. i love the fact that we have a record of all the work we've put into the house and in a way it's a record of lives as well. but i dunno...it's still just a thing, you know?

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love houseblogs -- the first one I ever read was Dream Home Diaries that was in The New York Times, then I found House in Progress and her houseblogs.net and the rest is history. I have learned an awful lot from all of the people who are gracious enough to share their trials and triumphs through a house blog!

Baby Mama said...

I think it's awesome & a great way to chjronicle your 1st house together. I love reading it! Thanks for the rockstar shout out! xo

Nolan said...

thanks for the encouraging words :)

guess the whole point of blogging is self-absorption...chronicling events...providing information...

and baby rockstar--i love the baby mohawk! too cute.